The bike features a double butted Aluminum frame and a high tensile straight blade fork. It also includes riser handlebars, 700c double-walled rims, water bottle mounts, rear rack mounts and ergo comfort saddle.
The 6061 alloy frame was well constructed, it also included with a number of branded and good quality components including Kenda tires, Shimano EF-65 shifter, Shimano 21-speed drivetrain and the seat post is made of alloy.
Product Specifications and Features of Vilano flat bar road bike
- Shimano 21-speed drivetrain
- Shimano Easyfire shifters
- 700c double-walled wheel rims with Kenda 700 x 28 tires
- 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Frame
- Hi-Ten steel straight blade Fork
- Shimano MF-TZ21 7 speed Freewheel
- Hubs: 32-hole KT Alloy w/ Quick Release
- Alloy Linear Pull V-Brake
- Alloy seat post with Ergo Comfort saddle
- Weight (shipping): 35 pounds
The Vilano Performance has obtained a good feedback at Amazon and at this time rated 4.1 out of 5 stars.
The assembly is really fast and easy, since most of the components were factory assembled and required a very minimum or no adjustment at all. However for those who do not have any past experience or basic mechanical know how it is highly recommended to get advice or let your local bike shop to do it. The Vilano flat bar road bike is fast, the gears stay in place and the brakes definitely do the job. The wheels, the brakes and derailleur worked properly.
It has received some complaints from a number of customers. A couple of unfavorable remarks are significant in particular, so it needs to be kept in mind by the future customer. A number of customers have reported that the particular components of this bike are not of the best quality.
- Some minor adjustment needed to the rims and the brakes prior to riding since the bike is not aligned well initially.
- It also found that the Shimano derailleurs, especially the front one is fairly difficult to adjust, hence the shifter could not be shifted properly.
- The stock saddle may comfortable for some rider, it appear to be too narrow.
- The Vilano’s customer service is very excellent, assistance is always available and shipping is prompt. Most customers have very appreciated and delighted with the customer service.
- At the price tag around $300, many customers don’t mind spending a little extra to upgrade some of the components.
- The aluminium frame is quite lightweight and double-butted for extra strength.
The quality of the components exceeded the expectations of its price range. The bike is very light and responsive and it is still a cheap bike with some very entry level components.
Even though the stock parts may not be of the best quality, however it still satisfies for the most casual or entry level riders. For more passionate riders, the Vilano flat bar road bike is a great platform for customization.